Amit Shah will chair the Inter State Council meeting in Bhopal, discuss the Ken-Betwa link project. Home Minister Amit Shah Ken Betwa project connecting Interstate Council Bhopal

[ad_1]

India

Oi-prem gaur

,

Published: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:09 [IST]

Google One India News

New Delhi, August 20: Union Home Minister Amit Shah will be on a visit to Madhya Pradesh on Monday (August 22), where he will preside over the meeting of the Inter State Council in the capital Bhopal. Several issues will be discussed in this meeting, including the Ken-Betwa link project, roads and banking facilities in Maoist-affected areas. About Shah’s meeting, the officials said that the chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand will attend the meeting.

Home Minister Amit Shah

The Inter-State Council meeting will be attended by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan. Apart from this, two ministers each, chief secretary and senior officials of the state will also participate in the meeting.

The Ken-Betwa project was approved by the cabinet last December at a total cost of Rs 44,605 ​​crore. The project will be completed in eight years and will benefit Bundelkhand region including Banda, Mahoba, Jhansi and Lalitpur in Uttar Pradesh and Panna, Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur, Sagar, Damoh, Datia, Vidisha, Shivpuri and Raisen in Madhya Pradesh.

In fact, in December last year, the Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the funding and implementation of the Ken-Betwa River Link Project. The Ken-Betwa river link project is estimated to cost Rs 44,500 crore. 90% of the cost of this project will be borne by the central government and the remaining 10% will be pooled by both the states. The project will be completed in 8 years. Due to which Bundelkhand region including Banda, Mahoba, Jhansi and Lalitpur in Uttar Pradesh and Panna, Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur, Sagar, Damoh, Datia, Vidisha, Shivpuri and Raisen in Madhya Pradesh will benefit.

A special strategy will be made with CM Yogi and Shivraj and other Chief Ministers regarding Amit Shah's visit to BhopalA special strategy will be made with CM Yogi and Shivraj and other Chief Ministers regarding Amit Shah’s visit to Bhopal

At the same time, Union Home Minister Shah may direct the states to adhere to the two-month time limit for completing investigations into offenses under the POCSO Act. Issues related to forest clearance, construction of roads and banking facilities within a 5 km radius of each village, especially in Maoist areas, will be discussed. An official said that several issues raised during the previous zonal council meeting are pending due to the delay due to Covid-19.

To get latest news from Oneindia. Get news updates throughout the day.

Allow notifications

You are already a subscriber

English summary

Home Minister Amit Shah Ken Betwa project connecting Interstate Council Bhopal

First story published: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 14:09 [IST]

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply