Man behind the abduction of 26 children and bus driver in 1976 to be released on parole

[ad_1]

A parole board confirmed Tuesday that Frederick Woods, one of three men convicted of hijacking a school bus full of 26 children and their driver in Chauchilla in 1976, would be released, according to officials.

Woods, 70, was first found fit for parole during a March 25 hearing at the California Men’s Colony in San Luis Obispo, according to Terry Thornton, a spokesman for the California Department of Justice. improvement and rehabilitation. Woods had previously been denied parole 17 times.

Frederick Woods.

(The Associated Press)

Gavin Newsom referred Woods’ parole grant for review by the board, which took place Tuesday. Thornton said that Woods’ release date was not disclosed for safety and security reasons.

Woods and Allies Richard and James Schoenfeld plotted for a year To receive a $5 million ransom from the state board of education.

James Schoenfeld told parole officers that he was jealous of his friends who had “his and his Ferraris”. Woods had previously said during parole hearings that he just “got greedy,” saying in 2012 that he didn’t need the money.

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.